Simple can be so tasty, with my twist on the classic Pesto.
Here is a 20/30-minute vegan dish. Spaghetti, homemade pesto, and spinach. This is still considered slow food and saves time to spend on other things.
- spaghetti ( some spaghetti’s are made with eggs. Make sure to read the labels if you eat plant-based)
- pine nuts
- olive oil
Let’s start with the Pesto
For a classic Pesto, you’ll need basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and Parmesan. If I make the classic Pesto I just leave out the Parmesan because I don’t eat cheese. For my twist on Pesto, you’ll need the following steps.
- Start with saute onion, garlic, very small cut Zucchini
- Steam Broccoli until you taste it is done (I use a Bamboo basket on top of a pan of boiling water)
- Combine the fried zucchini and Broccoli with basil, pine nuts and garlic in the food processor until it’s minced, but not liquid
For the Pasta…
Cook the Spaghetti accordingly to what the package says in the water you used to steam the Brocoli.
Time to finish this easy vegan Pesto Spaghetti…
- Fry onions and garlic in a pan
- Add the Pesto shortly so it gets warm
- Take it off the fire
- mix the Pasta with the sauce
- saute the spinach with garlic and some salt and pepper
*sometimes I leave a little bit of the Broccoli out of the sauce and it fully to my plate. Or I add some Asperges.
And now we are done with my easy vegan Pesto Spaghetti! Bon apetit or as we say in Surinam… Njang Switi!