Simple can be so tasty…
We’re often busy with just about everything. But would like to enjoy a healthy meal. How nice if it doesn’t take too long and is fun to make. Those are my favorite meals.
The great thing about this dish is that because of all the colors it looks nice to make when you get visitors. Not only do I eat this for dinner, but often I also eat it for lunch.
Here is a 20/30-minute easy colorful vegan dish.
- Vegan Feta (if you like)
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Vegan broth (I used one from the store, but you can also make it yourself)
*sometimes i leave the raisins out and add parsley, mint or coriander
Let’s start with the couscous
- Boil water in a pan or as I do use the kettle
- Measure your amount of couscous and put that in something you close of with a lid
- Add about 1 finger top of the boiled water in the bowl with couscous. Add half a teaspoon of the vegan broth. Close the lid.
It’s now time for the veggies…
- cut all your veggies and saute (or grill for a option with less oil) with onion and garlic.
You are almost done… mix it up
- Your couscous is done in about 5-10 minutes
- See if your veggies are done (will take about 5-10 minutes)
- Add the veggies mix to the couscous
- Cut the vegan feta, spring onions and add it
- Add the raisins and pine nuts
- Mix it up and serve
And now we are done with my super easy colorful vegan dish with veggies, vegan feta and couscous. Bon appetit or as we say in Surinam… Njang Switi!