The skin of your lips needs just as much care and attention as the rest of your face. Lip exfoliation is just as essential as skin exfoliation. Although rich, moisturizing balms can help to revitalize and hydrate your lips, it is also necessary to remove and buff the dead skin cells to enhance the appearance and texture of your lips. There’s nothing greater than having soft, hydrated, and healthy lips. A homemade lip scrub is the best way to keep your lips plump and healthy.
Why You Need a Lip Scrub?
- It Smoothes Your Lips
You may have noticed that your lips are dry and flaky, especially during winter, but a soft lip scrub can help. Lip scrubs assist in the removal of dead skin cells, flaky skin, and dry skin from the lips. They also provide a nice, smooth, as well as hydrated feel to your lips for your pout.
2. Promotes Cellular Turnover
Removing old cells and replacing them with new ones is a simple way to keep your lips looking and feeling fresh. Exfoliating your lips with a sugar scrub promotes blood circulation in your lips. Increased circulation promotes cellular turnover, which reveals new skin cells as well as a plumper pout.
3. Prevents Dried, Cracked Lips
Your lips have such a poor barrier function, meaning they don’t retain moisture well. When you use a gentle lip scrub, you will help to prevent dry and cracked lips before they even happen.
Sugar Lip Scrub recipe
Sugar is an excellent natural exfoliant. When you combine it with honey, it provides an amazing moisturizing lip scrub. The DIY lip scrub recipe uses natural ingredients to get rid of lips dryness in an eco-friendly way. This DIY sugar lip scrub not only tastes delicious, but it also leaves your lips feeling fabulously soft.
- 2 tablespoons finely ground sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1-2 drops of your preferred essential oil
In a small jar, combine all of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Place a small amount on your finger and then gently rub it gently into your lips. Massage the mixture into your lips in small circular movements. Leave it on for a few minutes to let the honey nourish your lips, then rinse with warm water.
Exfoliate Your Lips With These Tips
Remember these important tips when exfoliating your lips.
- Be gentle. Don’t scrub your lips too hard! Exfoliate your lips gently in small circular motions.
- Don’t over-exfoliate. Limit your exfoliation regimen to once a week; this will remove dry skin to keep your lips supple and soft.
- Protect your lips. When going outside, use a lip balm with SPF to protect your supple lips from the harmful effects of the sun.
- Moisturize after exfoliating. After exfoliating your lips, apply a rich lip balm to moisturize them.
DIY lip scrubs are an excellent way to exfoliate your lips easily and cost-effectively, while also knowing precisely what sustainable ingredients you are applying to your lips.