Simple can be so tasty, with my twist on the classic Pesto.
Here is a 20/30-minute vegan dish. Spaghetti, homemade pesto, and spinach. This is still considered slow food and saves time to spend on other things.
For a classic Pesto, you’ll need basil, pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and Parmesan. If I make the classic Pesto I just leave out the Parmesan because I don’t eat cheese.
Easy Vegan Pesto Spaghetti
- spaghetti ( some spaghetti’s are made with eggs. Make sure to read the labels if you eat plant-based)
- pine nuts
- olive oil
- Start with saute onion, garlic, very small cut Zucchini
- Steam Broccoli until you taste it is done (I use a Bamboo basket on top of a pan of boiling water)
- Combine the fried zucchini and Broccoli with basil, pine nuts and garlic in the food processor until it’s minced, but not liquid
- For the Pasta…
Cook the Spaghetti accordingly to what the package says in the water you used to steam the Brocoli.
- Fry onions and garlic in a pan
- Add the Pesto shortly so it gets warm
- Take it off the fire
- mix the Pasta with the sauce
- saute the spinach with garlic and some salt and pepper
sometimes I leave a little bit of the Broccoli out of the sauce and it fully to my plate. Or I add some Asperges.
And now we are done with my easy vegan Pesto Spaghetti! Bon apetit or as we say in Surinam… Njang Switi!